Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rhett Butler, Roosters, and Horses




This is the old horse barn behind the house.  I'd love to take some photos here. (hint hint Andrea)

I definitely have to get a car here.  This is not a place to live and not have reliable transportation.  Yesterday morning my mom dropped me off at the gym at 8:30am and I was there till after 8pm.  I had one client, I just had no ride so I had to stick around all day.  I did work out, and get some business related stuff done so it's not all bad.  Luna was with me for most of the day.  Here we are boxing together, she was working on her wrestling skills.  Just pin me!! ;-)



Last night was my first night at my dad's house.  I didn't sleep well, I slept with the light on lol.. come on, I'm in a creepy old attic. The same attic that my cousins and I used to play in as kids and we were certain it was haunted.  Not so worried about ghosts anymore, just mice and river rats.  We live directly on the Big Sandy River.  I'm sure Luna will find mice, if there are any.

Speaking of Luna.. My grandmother has nicknamed her Luna-tick.  Discovered that she is terrified of cats, and roosters.  My dad puts food out for the local stray and her three adorable kittens.  When he gets home the momma runs to his car to greet him, it's endearing.  I've explained to him that regardless if he accepts it or not, he has a cat.  If you feed a cat it's yours haha.. actually I'll be finding homes for all of them tomorrow with the help of facebook (hopefully), but this little one has taken an interest in both Luna and me. Luna jumps in my lap every time we go outside and shakes like a leaf.  Hopefully she gets over her fear of cats because I'd love to keep this little mangey kitten, I've named him Rhett Butler.  Hopefully he's a boy, if not she's a butch kitty and she's still Rhett.





I met the neighbor down the street, Amanda.  It's her horses that are in my dad's barn.  She said I can ride them anytime, just need to learn to how to saddle up and learn basics.  I've been on a horse maybe 3 times in my life.. but I am happy to have something to do!  There is also one open stall, so if I'm around long enough who knows.  Luna is fascinated by the horses.  Here are a few photos of our quaint little country home.  It's really the perfect little sanctuary, just needs cleaned and fixed up a little.    I keep calling it my dad's house, but the truth is this house has been in my family for years.  It belonged to my grandmother, and now it's where everyone seems to live when they visit or are in transition.  Like us :-)

Sweet country home


Amanda and Dreamer (and Luna haha)


The Garden behind the house.  Zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, and more.


Luna prancing for Dreamer



My mom left to go home to Indiana today, so I dedicate my quotes section to her.  These are the appropriate ones haha...

It's comforting in my heart to know that your only 6 hours away. - Mom <3

I'm proud of you.  You'll be fine!  Pray to baby Jesus and Mother Earth or whatever you want... and find a church.

"One thing I REFUSE to do is start feeling bad about myself here.  I am comfortable being comfortable.  I am NOT in the habit of waking up everyday and perfecting my hair and putting on makeup.  I am not going to get sucked BACK into that southern beauty queen thing where I feel the need to do my hair and wear makeup to go somewhere." -Me.
"But wait.. your still going to get dressed up when you go out right??" mom.
"Dammit mom stop being a beauty pageant mother!!"  still a pageant mother.  First impressions!  Presentation!  JAZZZZ HANDS!! haha...

"Mom, I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me since you've been here."
"Well.. you go on and try honey :-)"







No comments:

Post a Comment